Saturday, December 10, 2011

All Ruffled Up for Our Creative Corner

Hi there and Happy Saturday! It's time for another challenge over at Our Creative Corner. This week, I am your hostess and I have a fun theme challenge to try out. We're getting "All Ruffled Up"! In all of my browsing on Pinterest recently, I noticed that "ruffles" are a pretty popular trend right now. On everything from fashion to food to home decor, they are popping up everywhere. 


Here are the details of the challenge: 
Create a project showcasing ruffles! 
Whether it is ribbon, lace, paper, fabric, stamped images or ruffled embellishments....get all "ruffled up" and show us what you can create, using the photo above for inspiration! 

I decided to ruffle up some lace and some Glimmer Paper for my project. Now, this is not a card you are going to pop in an envelope and mail...there is a LOT of dimension. My intention was to add it to a hand-delivered gift, as part of the packaging. 


I found an awesome video by Julie DiMatteo on how to create a paper lollie with a punched trim. you can find it by clicking HERE. Just a tip, I started with a 2" x 12" piece of Red Glimmer Paper for the lollie and a 1- 3/4" punched circle for the back of the lollie to hold it together. (Those are a little different then the measurements in the video.) Julie's tip in the video to use a hot glue gun is REALLY helpful. I tried liquid glue at first but couldn't get it to hold. The Glimmer Paper is super-thick, so the hot glue gun made it SO much easier to hold in place. 
Here is the really FUN part about my card...It's also an ornament. That ruffled, layered lollie is designed to be removed to hang on the recipient's tree. I simply adhered it to the card with a spot of velcro. Then it can easily be removed without damaging the card or the ornament. You can't even see the velcro while it's hanging on the tree, either. Easy peasy! The Glimmer Paper really sparkles in the lights on the tree, too. Love that! :) 
Here is a quick shot of the inside of the card and I also listed all of the supplies I used at the end of the post: 
I sure hope you will join us this week and get "All Ruffled Up" over at Our Creative Corner. Please stop by and see what the rest of the lovely ladies on the Design Team have created. Thanks so much for visiting today! 

Have a very HAPPY day! :) 


Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Bright Hopes 
Paper: Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty DSP, Red Glimmer Paper, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Real Red Craft ink and Versa-Mark ink
Punches: Eyelet Border Punch, 1- 3/4" Circle punch (for the back of the "ornament")
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder (for wreath image), Basic Rhinestones (coored red with a marker), Basic Pearls, Color Spritzer Tool, Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker, Stamping Sponges, Gold Elastic cord (ret.), Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Lace Trim, gold glitter, Sticky Strip and Stampin' Dimensionals
Non-SU! Accessories: red glitter embossing powder, velcro, hot glue gun, circle and scallop circle die cuts


19 comments:

  1. Ann this card is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the hostess with the mostest! Your project is fabulous Anne Marie. I did a double-take looking at the pics before I read about the velcro. How clever are you!?!? And both pieces, card and ornament, are simply gorgeous in their own right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet Anne. This is just stunning. How do you come up with those beautiful layout beauties! You are the queen of the card making blog world, that's for sure! I love this card. What pretty little thing!
    Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Haven't seen that paper used yet, it's gorgeous on your card. Love all the details and bling! Thanks for the link to the tutorial too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative to have a card with an ornament! Love this pretty, "ruffly" card! Very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Anne Marie this is totally ruffle-y gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely cool is this!!!! Gorgeous...and it is an ornament too???? You slay me!! lol....Thanks for the inspiration, once again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, you certainly met the challenge! I have always been a ruffle and glitzy girl, so this card and challenge hit a home-run with me. And what a wonderful idea that it's an ornament too. You pulled out all the stops for this one Anne Marie and it definitely shows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks just gorgeous!!!!! Thanks for the video link! Off to take a look :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning AM! Love that it is an ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute girl!! I totally made me think of some ruffled bloomers... seriously cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowza!! I was thinking "What a FAT card...even for Anne!" LOL But with the removable ornament, it makes sense! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That really is a lot of pretty ruffles! I love how you used the glimmer paper to create the back ruffle. I bet this really sparkles and shines in person! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, this is so pretty! I love the ruffled medallion, and all those gorgeous layers! (you know what a sucker I am for layers;) Merry Christmas HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing prettier than ruffles - and this card is no exception! Gorgeous - and I love that it is an ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, this is fabulous! Sure like this one, love that you can take it off and hang on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I LOVE IT! and the fact that you had enough fore-thought to create an ornament-card is fantastic! I love all the ruffles and layers. super pretty! and I love the banner. great work,& a great challenge!
    have a super week! hugs, sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! Love your different layers and the idea to attach with velcro is a great tip! You have shared such a great idea, it might jumpstart my own creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I'm drooling over all of those ruffly layers on the beautiful ornament (btw-genius!)and card! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie